Friday, August 23, 2013

Eid Road Trip...Finally!

Back at home, we always celebrate Eid by cooking giant feasts and the families gathering to spend quality time and having fun. We moved here to Malaysia in September 2011, right after Eid al Fitr that year and this is our second Eid here. Last year we did absolutely nothing and we didn't want that happening again so we planned a trip. 

Our original plan was to go on Friday morning and come back in the early hours of Saturday. But plans changed because something came up for our friend. So we went on Thursday afternoon instead.

The road trip was really fun. I enjoyed the countryside scenery very much. The endless palm fields were beautiful. The many cemeteries we passed, not so much.

The first beach we went to was not so pretty but the view from the pier was. We also spent sometime on the grassy area nearby. It was so peaceful and beautiful.

The second beach was much better but it wasn't the best, I suppose because I kept comparing it to the beaches back home. It was still a lot of fun though. We the took a boat ride which turned out great. 

After hanging around the beach, we headed off to find the lighthouse Nafew read about a few nights ago. On our way there, we stopped at a gas station for a bathroom and snack break after which we realized we had run out of gas. In the gas station. Could there be a better place to run out of gas? I don't think so. 

We made it a little before sundown.

As we reached there, we realized that we were under informed. We knew we couldn't drive all the way to the lighthouse - apparently it was a short walk away. The short walk, however, turned out to be a short hike. Less than half way up, I was dying because obviously that's how fit I am, so Nafew decided to carry me. And then like after a minute HE was dying so he put me down and I dragged myself up. 

The view was so, so gorgeous up there. We almost couldn't go all the way up to the lighthouse, but luck found us for the second time that day when we met a guy that works there. He lead us up and let us spend a few minutes getting our pictures taken.

And then we left for home, before which we went all the way to Sunway to run an errand and have dinner. By the time we got home, it was 2 am and we crashed until Friday afternoon.